5.13.2013

Addition Deadline Update....Hardwood and Landscaping

It was an extremely busy weekend as usual around our house. We had so many items on our list that needed to be knocked off. 

Saturday we spent painting all of the ceilings in the addition part and the old  part of the house. I also painted all of the walls in the old part of the house. The colours were off due to some touch ups we had to do. It's so nice to finally put away the drywall/sanding tools! We still have a few more areas we need to touch up with paint which will be completed this week. 

The landscaping is almost done. We plan on putting sod down in that area that needs grass. We found a place that sells it at a pretty good price and to cover this area it will cost just around $200. Considering this is the focus point of when you pull into the driveway we felt it was important. 



We also made some changes to the back as well....we had some extra stones from the front that we were able to use and continue the pathway. 



I spent Sunday with my Mom, we took her for lunch to Cheesecake Factory in the states and also did some shopping. (She lives close to the Buffalo) 

My dad trekked up to our place for the day and helped Branko start installing the hardwood. 

The new dining room(please don't mind the messy kitchen)



And the bedroom:






This weeks plan is finish the sod, the hardwood in the master bedroom, all of the painting, and purchase/install the remaining new cabinets for the kitchen. 



Addition Deadline moves on and we are so close! 



4 comments:

  1. Love the hardwood you chose, looks so good with the grey in the dining room. Everything is moving along, it's going to look so great when it's finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Keep going! I'm blown away with how much you guys have accomplished. Your to-do list for this week makes me feel like a slacker. I can't wait to see the finished product--as I'm sure you can't either. Is it wrong to say I want to get back to the forever house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...thank you! I am dreaming of the forever house! We talk about it all the time, we only have about 2 weeks left on this house till we put it up for sale then take a week break and then back at building our dream home that is patiently waiting for us.

      Delete
  3. It looks so good. Keep going! I can't believe how much you guys have accomplished. Your to-do list for this week makes me feel like a slacker. I'm excited to see the finished product--as I'm sure you are too. Is it wrong to say I'm looking forward to posts about the forever house?

    ReplyDelete