8.30.2012

My Photography - Meet the Lucic Family

 Introducing to you my cousin and her family. A while ago she mentioned that maybe one day I can come and take some photos of the kids. Me being fairly new the to the photography world happily obliged.

Let me remind you I am not a professional photographer in any kind of way, it's just a hobby. I purchased a Canon T2i that came with 18mm - 55mm lens and recently I purchased the 50mm f1.8 lens so that I can attempt to take some better portrait photos.

I've also taken one small class in Orangeville just so that I could better understand some of the features on the camera. 
Any editing just came from playing around in Picasa/PicMonkey and reading a lot on Digital Camera World website. 

 Over 600 photos and 3hrs of editing here are my favorites:


 




So there you have it my first photo shoot. 

If you have any tips or super friendly websites for new photographers please drop a note below. 



























6 comments:

  1. Way to go! My favourite are the real candid ones, the kids laying on the ground laughing and the kids in the tree! Congrats on a job well done. I am no expert in photography, so no tips from me. I just like what I see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The candid ones are always my favorite as well! I have been around these 3 little ones since they were babies so it was easy to have fun with them :)

      Delete
  2. OMG OMG OMG STUNNING! Love love love ! My friend and fellow blogger Janet from House Four Blog is a photographer. She does photography posts with great ideas. Btw's.....you don't need any ....those photos rock out loud! You may just really enjoy Janet as a friend and blogger. She is a fellow Canadian and a beautiful soul. She has become a good friend of mine. LOVE her. http://housefour.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! For your kind comments Lynne! I will definitely be checking out Janet's Blog @ House Four! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Danica!
    So glad Lynne introduced us so i could find your blog! Lynne is awesome....and so great a connecting people :)
    I am always happy to share photography tips. Not too many people photos on my blog, but that's what i used to do...family photography. There's a site you might want to check out called ILP.com (stands for "I Love Photography"). It's a children's and family photographers' forum but there's lots of tips to be fond there...both photoshop and shooting related.
    There are others too but i'm happy to share what i know anytime :)
    Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet! Thank you for the website info, I will definitely check it out! And thank you for stopping by my little old blog :)

      Delete