7.05.2013

Friday Dreaming.....The Dining Room

It's that time again...the Dining Room. 

The dining room, kitchen and living room are all open to each other in the new house which I absolutely love! 


 Friday Dreaming short and sweet....




The table has already been made...it's a beautiful 6(or 8 if we need) setting table made out of solid pine wood. We had 2 craftsmen custom make the table for us from wood that we purchased off of Kijiji for $150. In total the table cost just over $1000. 



What to do for chairs is still up in the air but we did acquire some antique chairs that am I thinking about refinishing and re-upholstering.

We figured out that they might be late 1800's or early 1900's Spanish style chairs. We have 12 of them! I plan on having 6 of them stained and fixed by the same craftsmen who built our table and then we will re-upholster the cushions.

I really like this fabric colour from tonic living







  When it comes to light fixtures I keep on leaning towards the lantern styles.



Last but not least I am really hoping I find the courage to paint one wall a navy blue...although there have been days where I just want to paint the entire house white so who knows.




Anything about your dining room that you love/hate? Have you ever used such a dark colour and regretted it?? I plan on sticking to mainly white and light colours in all other areas.



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love that lantern style light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go with a navy like your inspiration photo and a bright crisp contrasting trim, I say go for the full room of navy! I love it.

    Navy is rumoured to be tough to paint over though, what with being such a dramatic colour, so if you're uncertain, start with one wall and see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete